Monday, April 17, 2006

To All the Anorexics Out There...


To all the Anorexic Girls Out There:

I deeply apologize for making fun of your kind.

Yesterday, I made one more comment towards one of your fellow club members, and although I did not feel bad about it, I feel the need to apologize deeply for hurting one of you. While I am at it, I might as well apologize for all the things I said or did to your kind.

I apologize for calling you fat.

I apologize for eating a McDonald cheeseburger and fries drenched in grease and ketchup in front of Fitness World.

I apologize for recommending Jenny Craig to you.

I apologize for questioning why you threw away that full plate of perfectly good food.

I apologize for not responding to your question of "Do I look fat?".

I apologize for telling you that eating a lot of rice, bread, and spaghetti will help you lose a few pounds.

I apologize for explaining to you that not eating because children in Africa are starving is just not a good enough reason to not eat food.

I apologize for noticing that your teeth are rotting because of the stomach acid from your vomit.

Overall, I apologize for a lot of things, but most importantly, I apologize for telling you that on some days, you look like a young boy.

Perhaps I should tell you why I make fun of you. Your only conversation with me is to draw attention to your body. All those "do I look fat" or "my butt burns from doing 6 hours of exercising yesterday" or "how do I look in these jeans" questions are starting to get to me.

At first I entertained you, but then I just ridiculed you. I figure that if you really want to have an answer, I will give you an answer you are not going to like. This all leads to you not ever asking me the same questions again. You know, we can talk about other things, like world peace, love for animals, or even about aliens probing humans on earth.

So there, I am sorry.