Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Fiancé’s Best Friends


My fiancé is very protective of his change jar…over-protective. He likes to count change, repetitively. Once, I found him sitting on the bed surrounded by change. He grabbed some, tossed them in the air, grabbed some more, etc, etc. What a child!

Yesterday, we were getting changed to go out. I grabbed a jacket I have not worn in a long time. What do I find? Change!

There were dollar coins, two dollar coins, and lots of them!

I showed them to my fiancé, and this was the conversation that followed.

Me – “See what I found!”

My fiancé – “ OH MY GOD, where have you guys been??” (referring to the change)

Me – “Who?”

My fiancé – “ YOU STOLE MY CHANGE!! Look, this is little Billie, this is Georgie, and this one here is Bobbie….”

Me – “You named your change???”

My fiancé – “Yeah, what’s wrong with that?”

So, I backed away slowly and left him with Billie, Georgie, Bobbie, and their fellow brothers and sisters.

Years ago, I was excited that he has learnt how to budget and keep track of money. Then, I was thrilled that he was keeping a change jar. Now, I am just a bit worried. Maybe it’s gone too far.