Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Rich Jerk

So, now I am a groupie.....the word conjures some disturbing images about rock bands and loose women, but nevertheless, I am a groupie for Jeff. If you would also like to be a groupie, you can visit Jeff's Onlinebonuses blog site and "sign up"!

While I was visiting Jeff's site, I came across a posting about "The Rich Jerk". Anyone who uses adsense on their site knows who he is. So, here is my experience...

I was curious, so I signed up for some "free" advice. So, here is a guy who promsies that you can have a successful adsense site running by doing exactly what he says. There are the emails I received from him.

1) First email - Get a google adsense account (wow enlightening!). Then buy XSitePro, which is a software that allows you to handle multiple adsense websites.

2) Second email - Blend the adsense ads with the content. Then buy XSitePro, and also buy Joel Comm's step by step manual on how to do this. I was thinking that Blogger can already do this for you with one ad when you go through Blogger's adsense page.

3) Third email - Search Engine Optimization is key. Then buy XSitePro, and also buy SEO Elite.

4) Fourth email - Oh, he is offering a freebie! Send him your site, and he will let his team of experts critique it for free. I suspect you will end up needing XSitePro, Joel Comm's book, and SEO Elite.

5) Fifth, sixth, seventh..... - Buy XSitePRo, buy this and buy that.

6) The last email - Have 2 websites. Buy a plug-in-profit site, join his e-wealthology club. use the adsense site to promote the plug-in-profit site by hiring a massive number of cars driving around your neighbourhood with a decal. Or, was it the other way around....anyhow I was getting a little dizzy by that point.

So, I can sum it up pretty easily: do exactly what he says, which is buy his products, and you will be rich just like him!

Here is the kicker....after I received all the promised "free" advice, I continue to get even more "free" advice! Every couple of days, I am reminded to buy XSitePro and other goodies.

So, here it is. You don't need to sign up for his free advice, it's pretty much all summed up here.

You can always to go the webmasterworld forum and learn a lot of useful information. Everything adsense or webmaster related is pretty much all there. It's free, and you don't need to buy XSitePro.

UPDATE: Please see my Wanted: 55 People Needed with $1.00 Each posting. It's for people who are interesting in purchasing the Rich Jerk E-book (among other things). How about paying $1.00 for the e-book?