Friday, February 17, 2006

Wanted: 55 People with $1.00 Each

Wanted: 55 People with $1.00 Each

In my previous posting about the Rich Jerk, a lot of people expressed that they have heard of the Rich Jerk, but have not bought any of his products because they just have a bad feeling about him.

I have NEVER bought anything from him, and I have to admit that I am curious. Under normal circumstances, the chance of purchasing anything from him is remote. Then, I thought that I can't very well judge him without actually reading his e-book. I know I am NOT alone in this, as many readers don't want to spend $50-100 on something that's a scam....so here is my proposal.

I need 55 people who are willing to share the cost of purchasing. What we need is $1.00 from each person. The e-book can then be circulated to the group. I am not sure if this is legal, but I can't see the difference between this and....say....sharing the cost of purchasing a book with a friend. Here is how this will work:

1) If you are interested, leave a comment, and make sure I have a way of getting back to you.
2) Once we have 55 people signed up, I will add a PayPal donate button on this website and let you know. You can then proceed to pay $1.00 for your e-book.

3) Then, I will purchase the e-book and circulate it to the group

Regarding the issue of trust.....

You will just have to trust me that I am not going to run away with your $1.00. I will purchase the product, distribute it, and that's that. $55.00 US is not going to get me any further in life.

What I want is to provide a way for everyone to learn without spending a lot of money. If this is a success, we can do this again, as there is a lot of useful webmaster information out there buried in the junk. We just have to sift through it. Also, I want any future purchases to be exclusive to the 55 people who sign up....as long as the cost remains $1.00 for each person.

If this is worth $1.00 to you, please start by leaving a comment.

P.S. If you have any other thoughts and suggestions, please also leave a comment!

Disclaimer:

The total cost of the e-book may change. Today, the Rich Jerk website has a special of $49.99 for the e-book. This may change. If it does change, I will recruit a few more people or cover the difference myself...whichever maybe more suitable at that time.

If you have purchased the e-book before, and can see obstacles with circulating this book, please take a moment and leave a comment.

It may take us a while to find 55 people, and I will not purchase anything until the full cost is covered. So...bear with me. If it takes too long, and you want to opt out, by all means, go ahead.